Fine Art/Renoir etching, "Little Irene"

Question
I have a picture that was passed to me from my grandmother and was wondering if it would hold any value.  It is "Little Irene" by Renoir.  And the back says #214. I don't know how old it is or if it would hold any value.

Answer
Child with Cookie
Child with Cookie  
Heather, it is possible that there is a decent value to this piece as works by Renoir are commonly sold in prominent fine art galleries and there is a large collector base. With a signature, the value increases greatly. A Renoir etching http://www.masterworksfineart.com/inventory/renoir such as these are usually signed and in excellent condition, which are two big factors in determining its value.

If you attach a high quality image of the piece, I will be able to give you a better assessment of the work. I believe it is a unique painting, so you most likely have a posthumous reproduction which are typically not worth a great deal. Nonetheless, send me a nice image and I'll take a look.

Thanks,

Andrew Evans

Andrew Evans