Fine Art/Renoir etching, "Little Irene"

I have a picture that was passed to me from my grandmother and was wondering if it would hold any value.  It is "Little Irene" by Renoir.  And the back says #214. I don't know how old it is or if it would hold any value.

Child with Cookie
Child with Cookie  
Heather, it is possible that there is a decent value to this piece as works by Renoir are commonly sold in prominent fine art galleries and there is a large collector base. With a signature, the value increases greatly. A Renoir etching such as these are usually signed and in excellent condition, which are two big factors in determining its value.

If you attach a high quality image of the piece, I will be able to give you a better assessment of the work. I believe it is a unique painting, so you most likely have a posthumous reproduction which are typically not worth a great deal. Nonetheless, send me a nice image and I'll take a look.

Andrew Evans

Andrew Evans

Experienced in selling, appraising and judging authenticity of signed original prints and unique works of fine art. Concentration on Picasso lithographs; Rembrandt etchings; Edgar Degas drawings; Calder lithographs; Miro; Durer woodcuts; Marc Chagall lithographs; Renoir etchings; Toulouse Lautrec lithographs; Vasarely; Warhol silk screens; Henry Moore sculptures.

Judging authenticity and avoiding fraud. Appraisal. Fine art investments.

Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Sonoma State University