Fine Art/water color print

Hi I have this nice water color painting done bye some one by the name of Ruby Dee Mckallip from 1916 it's not a print.I have a name but can't find her any place do you know who this person is she did such nice work like to try and find more stuff from her. Ps I do have a print by James M Sessions marked sessions 31 it is a print also what makes a print worth some thing would his be worth any thing? Thanks for asking it's nice you do this for people I do thank you.

Hi Ronald, I am not familiar with Mckallip's works. There are no auction records that I could find, so she probably has a small following of collectors.

The most valuable fine art prints are from prominent artists, with a signature, in good condition. I believe one of the most important factors in determining its worth is knowing if the artist's physical hand touched the work and was involved in the printmaking process. Posthumous reproductions, for example, are usually worth far less than those prints that were made by the artist and his/her printmaker. You can imagine that there is a limited amount of works an artist can be involved with in his lifetime, whereas reproductions from outside sources have little to no connection to the artist.

The estate of the artist or whomever they have decided to care for their legacy is the one who decides what is authentic, and what is not. For example, Picasso ceramics are stamped and approved by Ramiť, but the Picasso family will not officially authenticate Picasso prints. Therefore, you must consult catalog raisonnes and ethical professionals in the field to get a solid answer.

Feel free to contact me if I can help you with anything else.

Andrew Evans

Andrew Evans

Experienced in selling, appraising and judging authenticity of signed original prints and unique works of fine art. Concentration on Picasso lithographs; Rembrandt etchings; Edgar Degas drawings; Calder lithographs; Miro; Durer woodcuts; Marc Chagall lithographs; Renoir etchings; Toulouse Lautrec lithographs; Vasarely; Warhol silk screens; Henry Moore sculptures.

Judging authenticity and avoiding fraud. Appraisal. Fine art investments.

Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Sonoma State University