Fine Art/Authenticity of a Dali lithograph

My family has come into a piece by Dali that is part of the Caprices de Goya collection.  It is plate number 74 (No grites, tonto) and is signed in pencil in the lower right.  There is no print/series number, but rather E.A. where this number usually appears (lower left).  We have no idea if this is an original lithograph and if the piece is valuable, but we are concerned about its conservation if it has significant value (it now hangs in my sister's home which has poor temperature and humidity control).

As long as it's sealed in a frame(archival frame) it should be ok.

It appears to be authentic, but I'd have to examine it in person. The set of Goya interpretations consists of 80 original etchings done in 1977

The complete set is more attractive to a dealer, but I can forward this to our buyer.

It would be better if you can email me images, details, ph# etc., but do not post personal info here.  EMAIL me at:

Dan Twyman

I can answer questions about Salvador Dali. While I cannot do FREE APPRAISALS, I might be able to help you sell your works. I can also help with Chagall, Miro, Picasso and other 20th Century Masters.

Questions about a type of art or medium can be answered with one response in most cases. Technical issues are easier to deal with than specifics about an artist. If you need help finding values or history on an artist, it will probably involve research that can sometimes take hours to complete. If you have more than one image to send, I will give you an alternate email address as this system cannot handle multiple images.

Late 70's early 80's Worked for a printer and learned the art or Lithography. Early to mid 80's Managed a publishing company that produced fine art both living and reproductions of the masters. Mid 80's to 2003 Senior Art Consultant with well known broker of Dali, Picasso, Miro, Chagall,Vargas,Max,Warhol and others. 2004 - 2005 Independent Art Consultant. 2005-2006 Beverly Hills Art Gallery(Living Artists) 2006 - Present Salvador Dali Society. Senior Art Consultant.

Publications Various online art publications.

Studied Art History, Methods of printing, Various Mediums. Studied anatomy, sketch art, Complex shading technique, Acrylic technique. Bloch books(Picasso),Salvador Dali publications(extensive). 30 Years life Experience in the arts as an artist, fine art broker,Gallery Director,art consultant.

Over 100 awards. Set records in the Art Brokering business.

Major Film Celebs/U.S. Ambassador/ Fortune 500 Company CEO's and high level employees. Over 300 repeat clients in Fine Art. Beverly Hills local and visiting repeat clients.