Fine Art/Catalda Fine Arts

paris in autumn
paris in autumn  
I recently acquired a painting marked "Catalda Fine Arts." I can't make out the artist's name for certain - it looks like manquel and marquel (or possibly the q is a g). It's titled "Paris in Autum" and the back says "Print No 5029." It looks like it's on canvas, but I can't be sure. Do you know anything about it?

Thank you.

Catalda Fine Arts was in the business of reproducing and selling artworks in the post war period.  Based out of NYC.  Involved in a semi-famous copyright law case that is easily found through Google.  Occasionally, they sold local NYC artists, or any other art they could obtain inexpensively, but primarily they were a reproduction shop.  

Stuart Cartwright

American Fine Art Paintings.
Oils, Watercolors, Sketches. Nineteenth and early Twentieth Century. Hudson River School, Pennsylvania Academy, Cape Ann artists, Ash Can, Woodstock, Florida Indian River, American Impressionists, etc. I can provide some background about artists and perhaps a rough appraisal or guidance towards obtaining a value. I am acquainted with many of the best American art dealers and auction houses. Original works only, I do not follow the print market. I do NOT field questions about prints.

Important to know
I am not expert in European art. I encourage you to send questions on European artists to other experts on this service. NO PRINTS:I encourage you to seek help on prints elsewhere. Two sites come to mind: and

I have been collecting original American Fine Art for over 20 years. I have curated art shows, and I have served as a dealer, providing appraisals and guidance for the last 8 years.

Bachelor of Arts Master of Business Administration