Fine Art/Currier litho circa 1847

Question
I acquired a small print - Chatham Square New York.  The lower left corner states "Lith. & Pub by N. Currier.", the lower right holds the address "152 Nassau St. Cor Of Spruce N.Y."  I am nearly certain it is an original as there is a stamp on the back from the framers, "Sevin's Art Store, 15 West 7th Street, Erie, PA"  My research shows this dealer closed their doors at this address in 1873.  How do I go about determining the value? If I were to decide to sell, which venue should I choose?  i.e., antiques or fine art?

Answer
Dear Arleen,

The original CHATHAM SQUARE, NEW YORK is a small folio size and should be approximately 8.1x12.10.  It was published by Nathanial Currier in 1875.  It is considered to be in the top 20 of Currier & Ives small folio lithographs. It is rare and I was not able to find a current value. The best avenue for you, especially if you are planning on selling the print, is to contact www.currierprints.com. They will be able to give you a value and they have a consignment program to sell Currier & Ives prints. Their website is well known by C & I collectors. I hope this information is helpful.

Best regards,
Dolly

Dolly D Headley