Fine Art/Dali etching - Myself at the age of six . . .

Question
I inherited a Dali etching that my brother purchased 20 years ago, entitled "Myself at the age of six, lifting with extreme precaution the skin of the sea . . ." (a long title). Although it came with a certificate of authenticity, it seems the gallery that sold it to my brother misrepresented its value, as an independent appraisal done 8 years later determined it was worth only about a third of what he paid.  In any case, I'd like to know if you have any knowledge of this work, and/or if it is something you could help me sell.  Sorry, I don't have an image of it at this time. Thanks.

Answer
I know the piece. The only authentic limited edition version of that is a (facsimile signed) print from the DeMart Corp. If you have the correct piece it is something that will accrue value over time, at this time they are on the lower end of the Dali market. You can send images and all details to collectdali@aol.com

The only way to be sure is to have it examined.

Dan

Dan Twyman