Fine Art/Gustave Flasschoen painting

I found a oil painting signed G. Flasschoen and am wondering if it is a Gustave Flasschoen (Belgian 1868-1940) The piece measures about 21" x 25". I researched the artist and saw that some of his work has been auctioned at Christies. Might this be authentic? I have a picture of the signature if you want it, but this only allows one image.
Kansas City, Missouri

Dear Kless,

I hope you are doing well. I looked up the work and signature of Gustave Flasschoen and neither of them resemble your painting. I can see the signature well enough in your photo to be able to read it. Flasscheon's signature is nearly illegible and the first initial G looks like a 9.

If you still want to email me a photo of the signature, I will take a closer look. Email to

Best regards,

Dolly D Headley

I can assist with identification, acquisition, sell representation, and care of fine art prints and original paintings. Some of my artist specialties include Henri Toulouse Lautrec, California Artists, and the Modern Masters. I can also assist with information on getting professional appraisals and authentication.

Dolly D. Headley, owner of Headley Fine Art, LLC, has provided consultative art services to retail gallery clients in Sausalito, CA, and at since 1998. With over 14 years experience as a Senior Art Consultant, Gallery Director, and an extensive art research library; Ms. Headley has provided hundreds of people with her high quality personalized consultation services and solid guarantee of satisfaction. Dolly is a volunteer at Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art.

Member of the Association of Online Appraisers.

The Fine Art Collectors News

Bachelor of Science; Self taught with thousands of hours research and retail gallery consulting. Personalized mentorship from various experts in the industry.