Fine Art/Identifying Oil Painting

Question
Oil Painting - Wymer
Oil Painting - Wymer  
I bought a beautiful landscape oil painting at an estate sale 15 years ago, because it matched my daughter's furniture (gold/white).  It is approx. 2' x 4'.  The canvas is stamped Miktoria Maltuch, the wooden frame on the back says made in Sweden, and the artist name is Wymer.  If it is valuable I didn't want to put it in my yard sale.

Answer
Kristi,
Good for you for checking, but I think you can put it in your yard sale.  

An enormous amount of framed pictures is manufactured for just the reason you cite -- to accompany a room's decor.   Often, a single name is signed.  In this case, the name of 'Wymer'
turns up a British artist, but not the creator of your painting.
-----------------------------------------
REGINALD AUGUSTUS WYMER(1848-1935)
Reginald Augustus Wymer was born in England in 1849.  He was a watercolorist.
While little is known about this artist, his finely detailed watercolors appear periodically on the art market.  His work is very much appreciated for its fine attention to detail.
Wymer specialized in small paintings of military subjects with a particular attention to soldiers’ uniforms.  He died in 1935.
-------------------------------------------

Needless to say, Reggie never painted landscapes such as the one depicted in your photo.

Trained artists almost always sign with a full name, three initials, or specialized monogram.  

Doesn't mean someone finding your picture in your yard, or on eBay might not fall in love with it for their living room!  Good luck!

Stu  

Stuart Cartwright