Fine Art/La Revue Blanche Toulouse-Lautrec lithograph

Question
La Revue Blanche, Toulouse-Lautrec
La Revue Blanche, Toul  
I need help in identifying this lithograph.The paper size is 10x13.My sister acquired it at the estate of an art collector, but we really only know what we have read on the internet including what I understand is the fact that Toulouse-Lautrec would have several versions of a poster until it arrived at the completed point.  I appreciate your time to help identify so that art might be preserved.  My sister has a wide collection she has acquired over the years, and it is not easy finding some artists. Through the research, I find I pick up a lot of other facts about other artists, the processes, etc.--it just happens in doing research!  So I can only imagine how much help you have been to those like us over the years with the experience you have!

Answer
Dear Jacqueline,

I hope you are doing well. I apologize for the delay in my response, but it was unavoidable. The original of your print was created in 1895 as a large poster, approximately 50 x 36 inches, printed on two sheets of paper. There are later printings in smaller sizes, but I cannot find one like yours where the title was present without the other writing. There was an edition of 500 released by the publisher without any writing, but those were the large poster size and did not have the title.

It may be that your print is from one of the art publications of the period that would print albums/portfolios of artistís work. Examples of these would be L'Estampe originale (The Original Print), a series of nine albums, published by Andrť Marty; L'Epreuve (The Proof), twelve albums in various media, including lithography, etching, woodcut, and photomechanical processes, published by Maurice Dumont; and Album des peintres-graveurs (Album of Painter-Printmakers) and the Album d'estampes originales de la Galerie Vollard (Album of Prints from the Vollard Gallery) published by the renown art dealer Ambroise Vollard.

I would contact one of the major auction houses that have sold Toulouse Lautrec prints, such as Swann, and see if they can tell you your prints origin. Iím sorry that is all that I can tell you at this time.

Best regards,
Dolly

Dolly D Headley