Fine Art/Question about this painting ?

Hello, I'm trying to find out who this painter is, I can not make out the name. I do have some good picture's of the oil painting along with the signature of the artist ,that I am sending to you. This painting is on canvas,and is medium size. The painting is in very good condition although the frame is falling apart. A friend got this painting out of his storage and asked me to put it on e-bay for him , but I know nothing about this kind of thing. It is not a print. The frame on the backside reads : "GEO. R. ANGELL FINE ART DEPARTMENT, DETROIT MICH. 1863" I'm not sure if this helps any or not. Thank you for your time, any help would be greatly appreciated. MACHE

Hello Mache,
Contact me at   You say you have some good pictures.  

Send me as many photos of your work as possible, in high resolution...and a shot of the backside as well.  Also, can you measure the stretcher size (not the frame...just the canvas?)

Stuart Cartwright

American Fine Art Paintings.
Oils, Watercolors, Sketches. Nineteenth and early Twentieth Century. Hudson River School, Pennsylvania Academy, Cape Ann artists, Ash Can, Woodstock, Florida Indian River, American Impressionists, etc. I can provide some background about artists and perhaps a rough appraisal or guidance towards obtaining a value. I am acquainted with many of the best American art dealers and auction houses. Original works only, I do not follow the print market. I do NOT field questions about prints.

Important to know
I am not expert in European art. I encourage you to send questions on European artists to other experts on this service. NO PRINTS:I encourage you to seek help on prints elsewhere. Two sites come to mind: and

I have been collecting original American Fine Art for over 20 years. I have curated art shows, and I have served as a dealer, providing appraisals and guidance for the last 8 years.

Bachelor of Arts Master of Business Administration