Fine Art/fake prints

QUESTION: Hello I am a dealer who sells contemporary works on paper on ebay . I know there are some bad apples out there . Are you aware of fake prints from less valuable artists than miro calder etc . For example Sonia delaunay signature and image match the cataloque raisonne . Have you ever seen a fake litho from more modern artists motherwell katz etc. Thank you

ANSWER: Yes, Ebay is a yard sale of modern day "Iris prints" or Giclees. I have tried emailing them but I get generic answers. They need to police the art sales at Ebay. Many copies and afters there.
After all, who in their right mind would sell a signed Picasso for under 2K?

QUESTION: Hello and thank you for your reply . I agree 110% ebay should be ashamed at there non existent policing . I know first hand I reported someone and the responce was maddening . I know for the educated there are legitimate  very good buying oppurtunities on ebay with a major caveat emptore Lets forget ebay , I read that some 38 % of dalis were fake you would know. My question is are you personally aware of a contemporary artis limited edition signed lithoghraph being forged I do not mean to put you on the spot I just really am very very curious . Best Robert

I specialize in 20th Century Masters, but I do study the market. While I have seen fakes of Dali, Picasso, Chagall, Miro, Warhol, Remington and others, I have not seen fakes of Perez, Goddard or any of the current gallery artists. I suspect any works that generate sales are subject to fraud. The problem is, you have to buy the works and then have them authenticated to know for sure.

Dan Twyman

I can answer questions about Salvador Dali. While I cannot do FREE APPRAISALS, I might be able to help you sell your works. I can also help with Chagall, Miro, Picasso and other 20th Century Masters.

Questions about a type of art or medium can be answered with one response in most cases. Technical issues are easier to deal with than specifics about an artist. If you need help finding values or history on an artist, it will probably involve research that can sometimes take hours to complete. If you have more than one image to send, I will give you an alternate email address as this system cannot handle multiple images.

Late 70's early 80's Worked for a printer and learned the art or Lithography. Early to mid 80's Managed a publishing company that produced fine art both living and reproductions of the masters. Mid 80's to 2003 Senior Art Consultant with well known broker of Dali, Picasso, Miro, Chagall,Vargas,Max,Warhol and others. 2004 - 2005 Independent Art Consultant. 2005-2006 Beverly Hills Art Gallery(Living Artists) 2006 - Present Salvador Dali Society. Senior Art Consultant.

Publications Various online art publications.

Studied Art History, Methods of printing, Various Mediums. Studied anatomy, sketch art, Complex shading technique, Acrylic technique. Bloch books(Picasso),Salvador Dali publications(extensive). 30 Years life Experience in the arts as an artist, fine art broker,Gallery Director,art consultant.

Over 100 awards. Set records in the Art Brokering business.

Major Film Celebs/U.S. Ambassador/ Fortune 500 Company CEO's and high level employees. Over 300 repeat clients in Fine Art. Beverly Hills local and visiting repeat clients.