Fine Art/michel delacroix & claude monet

Question
YOU ARE THE THIRD ONE I ASKED THIS QUESTION AND NO ONE HAS BEEN ABLE TO ANSWER ME HOPE YOU CAN, i HAVE TWO PICTURES (PRINTS) OF MICHEL DELACROIX, THEY ARE BLUE WINTER SCENES, I THINK ONE IS CALLED LACHASE  D HAVER AND THE OTHER NUIT DE DECEMBER ON THE BACK OF THE FRAMES IT SAYS MUSEUM QUALITY MADE IN CANADA CAN YOU TELL ME THERE VALUE, THEY ARE FRAMED SO I CAN ONLY SEE THE NAME NO NUMBER BUT ON ONE THERE IS SOMETHING IN THE UPPER LEFT HAND CORNER WRITTEN IN THE SMOKE ON THE HOUSE BUT I CAN'T MAKE IT OUT IT IS SO SMALL.
THE OTHER I THINK IS A PRINT IS A CLAUDE MONET DATED 1878 AND IN AN OLD GUILDED AND RED FRAME, ACTUALLY QUITE UGLY, BUT ITS OF DAISIES IN A BROWN VASE, WITH WHAT LOOKS LIKE WALL PAPER BEHIND IT WITH RED AND BLUE FLOWERS MUTED COLORS HOW CAN I TELL IF IT IS WORTH ANYTHING OR CAN YOU GUIDE ME WHERE TO GO TO FIND OUT.I HOPE YOU ARE THE ONE THAT CAN HELP ME.
THANK YOU
PENNY

Answer
Dear Penny,

Thank you for writing to the Art Appraisal Firm about your fine art prints.  

It is most likely that the reason you are having a hard time getting an answer is that there are several editions of most of the kind of prints you own and each edition has a different value. Without personally inspecting the works, it is impossible to give you a definitive opinion of value.

However, from your description it sounds as if your examples are most likely museum quality prints sold more for their decorative value than collection value.   Museum reproductions of fine paintings routinely sell in nice frames at auction for under $50. Limited editions can bring more. Most limited editions are numbered in pencil in the lower margin of the print. This number would most often be expressed as a fraction.  If your examples are not limited editions, they would have limited resale value in today's market.

Although this information may be disappointing, I hope it is helpful.

Thank you again for writing.

Best,

Cindy Charleston Rosenberg, ISA CAPP
www.artappraisalfirm.com

Cindy Charleston-Rosenberg