Fine Art/spanish art

Like the last rude guy, my folks bought a painting in madrid.  It is around 1970 thick oil painting of a man in a wheat feild.  I cannot read the name and  have been told it is not very good.  I like it and want to decipher his name.  Any help would be appreciated especially since it is free.  thank you again Gerry

What has worked for a few people in the past, is to send an image of the signature to all the experts here at allexprts. Your chances of finding an answer are better that way. What you are trying to do is difficult. If you have a work by an unknown artist who was never published, it can be almost impossible to find answers. Depends on how old the art is and what part of the world it is from etc. As an example, if an unknown German artist created a painting that was brought to the states 100 years ago and it was passed down, the current owner might not have any background or paperwork, and if we are talking about an artist that was only sold in a local German gallery, can see how difficult it would be to identify that. Happens all the time. Some appraisers resort to "best guess" based on medium and age of work.

Dan Twyman

I can answer questions about Salvador Dali. While I cannot do FREE APPRAISALS, I might be able to help you sell your works. I can also help with Chagall, Miro, Picasso and other 20th Century Masters.

Questions about a type of art or medium can be answered with one response in most cases. Technical issues are easier to deal with than specifics about an artist. If you need help finding values or history on an artist, it will probably involve research that can sometimes take hours to complete. If you have more than one image to send, I will give you an alternate email address as this system cannot handle multiple images.

Late 70's early 80's Worked for a printer and learned the art or Lithography. Early to mid 80's Managed a publishing company that produced fine art both living and reproductions of the masters. Mid 80's to 2003 Senior Art Consultant with well known broker of Dali, Picasso, Miro, Chagall,Vargas,Max,Warhol and others. 2004 - 2005 Independent Art Consultant. 2005-2006 Beverly Hills Art Gallery(Living Artists) 2006 - Present Salvador Dali Society. Senior Art Consultant.

Publications Various online art publications.

Studied Art History, Methods of printing, Various Mediums. Studied anatomy, sketch art, Complex shading technique, Acrylic technique. Bloch books(Picasso),Salvador Dali publications(extensive). 30 Years life Experience in the arts as an artist, fine art broker,Gallery Director,art consultant.

Over 100 awards. Set records in the Art Brokering business.

Major Film Celebs/U.S. Ambassador/ Fortune 500 Company CEO's and high level employees. Over 300 repeat clients in Fine Art. Beverly Hills local and visiting repeat clients.