Fine Art/spanish art

Question
Like the last rude guy, my folks bought a painting in madrid.  It is around 1970 thick oil painting of a man in a wheat feild.  I cannot read the name and  have been told it is not very good.  I like it and want to decipher his name.  Any help would be appreciated especially since it is free.  thank you again Gerry

Answer
What has worked for a few people in the past, is to send an image of the signature to all the experts here at allexprts. Your chances of finding an answer are better that way. What you are trying to do is difficult. If you have a work by an unknown artist who was never published, it can be almost impossible to find answers. Depends on how old the art is and what part of the world it is from etc. As an example, if an unknown German artist created a painting that was brought to the states 100 years ago and it was passed down, the current owner might not have any background or paperwork, and if we are talking about an artist that was only sold in a local German gallery, well..you can see how difficult it would be to identify that. Happens all the time. Some appraisers resort to "best guess" based on medium and age of work.

Dan

Dan Twyman