Fine Art/value of Peter Hayward wet street scene

Question
We have a Peter Hayward painting titled, "8th Avenue from 'The Cezanne.'"  It's a wet street scene;  the type of painting for which he was well known at the Greenwich Village art show.  It was painted sometime before 1967.  I may be able to get you the date of sale if you need it.  The outer frame dimensions are approx. 23" H x 27" W.  Inner frame dimensions are 15 1/4" H x 20" W.   I'd appreciate any info you can give me.  
Many thanks.

Answer
Dear Buzz,

Peter Hayward paintings of New York street scenes averaged $800-1000 at auction houses last year. Retail secondary art market prices are in the $2000-3500 range. You can inquire at a fine art auction house or one of the major houses to get the value range they would put on it for auction.

I hope this information is helpful. If you are not in a hurry to sell and you like the painting; I would hold on to it for a while as his work has increased in value in the past 10 years.

Best regards,
Dolly

Dolly D Headley