Fine Art/Art question

Question
I am in an Engineering, Design and Development class and am trying to find sources to confirm that my idea to create a censored, and portion controlled paint dispensing system would be used in art class rooms, and perhaps art studios. My idea is that the paint dispensing system would look like a condiment system but it would have censors like at the Exxon Mobil gas pumps. Each student has a chip that when scanned would squirt one ounce at a time. So 1 scan is 1 squirt. The owner also has a chip with unlimited scans and he or she can determine how many ounces of paint each student receives through a remote. Please email me your thoughts of the idea and any changes you might make.
Sincerely Monica Davila  

Answer
Interesting idea, but as an artist and having participated in art classes over the years, it seems art supplies become a personal thing for each artist. While the concept seems doable, the questions is, would it be practical? If the cost for technology is high, I think most will opt for the old fashioned way of doing things. I guess it depends on the situation. If you have a large class of art students and they are not expected to provide their own materidals, it's a good idea.

Dan

Dan Twyman