Fine Art/Late 19th., and early 20th. century artist

Question
Stuart, Good afternoon from Arizona. Recently aquired a watercolor by Rhode Island artist Helen Anderson, late 19 th.- early 20th. century American artist.  In keeping with her usual style it is a Floral watercolor, Very, Very similar to the 12" x 10" piece sold at auction as reported by Ask Art... Still too frugal to purchase the subscription, but a really easy question for you I think.
     As ever, much obliged for your time and efforts and very best regards, Johnathon.

Answer
Johnathon in Arizona,
I thought all the cheap yankees lived here in New England. ;)

For $13.50 you can subscribe to AskArt for a day.  Collect all the info you want.  A good practice is to save up several research questions for the same day.  Usually, for any painting that is worth researching, this is money well spent.  There are other online services as well, and still the best research is to carry your artwork directly into two or three dealer's or auctioneer's shops.

But Jonathon, since I know you'll throw an extra fiver into the museum donation box next time you go, because you're a good friend to the arts...I'll tell you that Mystic Fine Arts auctioned that particular picture you mention back in 1995 for less than $500.  It sounds like you enjoy your painting, so I'd encourage you to hang it in a location such that you might enjoy gazing upon it every day.

Stu

Stuart Cartwright