Fine Art/Marc Chagall

Hello! I was recently given a Marc Chagall "limited edition facsimile signed offset color lithograph" of "DANSEUSE AU FLUTISTE". It has come with a letter of authenticity. (?) I'm having a challenge finding others on-line to give me an idea of value, when it was printed, etc. It's numbered 83/500 and appears to be signed. I didn't think Chagall signed offset color litho's...did he participate in this process at all? Many thanks for any assistance you might be able to provide!

Two issues:

1. Offset lithography means the print was not printed directly from a plate. (Study the term "offset lithography" online). This is considered low end art.

2. Facsimile signe implies "a copy" of the artists signature.  Also, Low end.

Some Facsimile signed works are gaining ground in the Dali market and a few other markets as they were authorized by the artists, but when I see "offset" it means the artist did not hand work on the piece, unless the artist was doing his own offset, or posters.

Of course these are general comments, I have not examined your works in person.

Dan Twyman

I can answer questions about Salvador Dali. While I cannot do FREE APPRAISALS, I might be able to help you sell your works. I can also help with Chagall, Miro, Picasso and other 20th Century Masters.

Questions about a type of art or medium can be answered with one response in most cases. Technical issues are easier to deal with than specifics about an artist. If you need help finding values or history on an artist, it will probably involve research that can sometimes take hours to complete. If you have more than one image to send, I will give you an alternate email address as this system cannot handle multiple images.

Late 70's early 80's Worked for a printer and learned the art or Lithography. Early to mid 80's Managed a publishing company that produced fine art both living and reproductions of the masters. Mid 80's to 2003 Senior Art Consultant with well known broker of Dali, Picasso, Miro, Chagall,Vargas,Max,Warhol and others. 2004 - 2005 Independent Art Consultant. 2005-2006 Beverly Hills Art Gallery(Living Artists) 2006 - Present Salvador Dali Society. Senior Art Consultant.

Publications Various online art publications.

Studied Art History, Methods of printing, Various Mediums. Studied anatomy, sketch art, Complex shading technique, Acrylic technique. Bloch books(Picasso),Salvador Dali publications(extensive). 30 Years life Experience in the arts as an artist, fine art broker,Gallery Director,art consultant.

Over 100 awards. Set records in the Art Brokering business.

Major Film Celebs/U.S. Ambassador/ Fortune 500 Company CEO's and high level employees. Over 300 repeat clients in Fine Art. Beverly Hills local and visiting repeat clients.