Fine Art/Oil Painting by Thompson

Question
Lighthouse painting by Thompson
Lighthouse painting by  
I had this oil painting for several years, got it in an auction. Its on canvas signed Thompson with the s in a z like form. The picture is a lighthouse scene with seagulls, sunset, sand and weeds all in a color of oranges and yellows, creams. This has been rolled up and never in a frame.

Answer
Dear Elaine,

Thank you for writing. Your painting would be considered a decorative work, and in my opinion, from the photograph you have provided, it does not appear to have significant value.

Most people buy artwork because they like it and enjoy looking at it, and that gives them pleasure.  In this regard, you have a very pleasant painting and I hope you enjoy it.  

Best,
Cindy

Cindy Charleston-Rosenberg