Fine Art/Opinion on painting

I am from Quebec,Canada. This 21X14 oil on canvas painting was given to me about 30 years ago. I know nothing about it's origin or the artist. The signature seems to be DOBROSKY.I do not think it is the original can see the old nail holes on the edge of the canvas, so probably remounted as well.I see some pencil writing on the back, the size and the price of the frame 45$ if I read it correctly.It's in very good condition with a little crackling here and there on the surface. Thank you for any information you can give me.

European artists are outside my realm, but you might try researching Isaac Dobrinsky(1891-1973). His body of work includes oil portraits of school-age girls.  Chiefly sold through several French galleries/auction houses.  Prices tend to fetch $2-4,000  You might try contacting either:

Artcurial Briest Le Fur Poulain F. Tajan
7 Rond-Point des Champs Elysees
Phone: 33 142 99 20 20

Chevau-Legers Enchères Martin-Chausselat
3, Impasse des Chevau-Legers
Phone: 01 39 50 58 08

Best of luck,

Stuart Cartwright

American Fine Art Paintings.
Oils, Watercolors, Sketches. Nineteenth and early Twentieth Century. Hudson River School, Pennsylvania Academy, Cape Ann artists, Ash Can, Woodstock, Florida Indian River, American Impressionists, etc. I can provide some background about artists and perhaps a rough appraisal or guidance towards obtaining a value. I am acquainted with many of the best American art dealers and auction houses. Original works only, I do not follow the print market. I do NOT field questions about prints.

Important to know
I am not expert in European art. I encourage you to send questions on European artists to other experts on this service. NO PRINTS:I encourage you to seek help on prints elsewhere. Two sites come to mind: and

I have been collecting original American Fine Art for over 20 years. I have curated art shows, and I have served as a dealer, providing appraisals and guidance for the last 8 years.

Bachelor of Arts Master of Business Administration