Fine Art/Peter Wong Painting

QUESTION: I have a beautiful soft colors (blue, grey) beach scene painting it has a Peter Wong signature on the bottom in the center, Also on the canvas it looks like a personal signature on the lower left side off of the painting. The painting has been matted and covered in glass. The matting does not touch the painting in any way. What can you tell me about this artist and I know you do not do appraisals but where do I find out if this authentic? I bought it at a flea market for $25.00 because I love beach scenes and this one is so soft and calming.

ANSWER: Sounds like the Peter Wong(there is more than one artist with this name) who was published by Art Image back in the 1980's. The prints were printed on a graphic weave paper and pencil signed. The prints were open edition and affordable, starting at $30.00 retail. If you have an original, I have no info on his originals market, I'd have to do more research.

QUESTION: This painting looks like a weave cloth and it also looks more like a sketch. How do I find out if this is original?

If there is an art gallery/frameshop anywhere near you, they might be able to help you with that. It's difficult to tell using images sent over the internet. One method you might try, use a jewlers loop or high end mag glass and look for pixels or dots that make up the image. If you see them, then it is a print.

Dan Twyman

I can answer questions about Salvador Dali. While I cannot do FREE APPRAISALS, I might be able to help you sell your works. I can also help with Chagall, Miro, Picasso and other 20th Century Masters.

Questions about a type of art or medium can be answered with one response in most cases. Technical issues are easier to deal with than specifics about an artist. If you need help finding values or history on an artist, it will probably involve research that can sometimes take hours to complete. If you have more than one image to send, I will give you an alternate email address as this system cannot handle multiple images.

Late 70's early 80's Worked for a printer and learned the art or Lithography. Early to mid 80's Managed a publishing company that produced fine art both living and reproductions of the masters. Mid 80's to 2003 Senior Art Consultant with well known broker of Dali, Picasso, Miro, Chagall,Vargas,Max,Warhol and others. 2004 - 2005 Independent Art Consultant. 2005-2006 Beverly Hills Art Gallery(Living Artists) 2006 - Present Salvador Dali Society. Senior Art Consultant.

Publications Various online art publications.

Studied Art History, Methods of printing, Various Mediums. Studied anatomy, sketch art, Complex shading technique, Acrylic technique. Bloch books(Picasso),Salvador Dali publications(extensive). 30 Years life Experience in the arts as an artist, fine art broker,Gallery Director,art consultant.

Over 100 awards. Set records in the Art Brokering business.

Major Film Celebs/U.S. Ambassador/ Fortune 500 Company CEO's and high level employees. Over 300 repeat clients in Fine Art. Beverly Hills local and visiting repeat clients.