Fine Art/ladd

i have a nice painting with the name ladd on the bottom right. i see many ladd when i goggle it in. i wanted to know if you knew who this painter is  and if there may be a value to this painting.Thanks

This looks like an imitation or mass market oil based on the work of Laura D. Stroud Ladd(1863-1943).  Hard to see, but it does not look like her signature, nor would she have omitted her first name.  If you like, send your picture to Spanierman Galleries in NYC who are dealers most familiar with Laura Stroud Ladd.  I hope I am wrong.  
Good luck,

Stuart Cartwright

American Fine Art Paintings.
Oils, Watercolors, Sketches. Nineteenth and early Twentieth Century. Hudson River School, Pennsylvania Academy, Cape Ann artists, Ash Can, Woodstock, Florida Indian River, American Impressionists, etc. I can provide some background about artists and perhaps a rough appraisal or guidance towards obtaining a value. I am acquainted with many of the best American art dealers and auction houses. Original works only, I do not follow the print market. I do NOT field questions about prints.

Important to know
I am not expert in European art. I encourage you to send questions on European artists to other experts on this service. NO PRINTS:I encourage you to seek help on prints elsewhere. Two sites come to mind: and

I have been collecting original American Fine Art for over 20 years. I have curated art shows, and I have served as a dealer, providing appraisals and guidance for the last 8 years.

Bachelor of Arts Master of Business Administration