Fine Art/Corot Painting

I got a painting 15 years ago, and the woman that had it got it many years before, she was 92 years old. It was framed by Catalda Fine Arts, and is titled (The Chateau Thierry) by Corot.

Dear Marge,

I believe you have a good quality vintage print after the treasured painting by the same title by Jean-Baptiste-Camille Corot, French 1796-1875. Of the vintage Catalda Fine Arts prints I have had and have in my inventory; they are of very good quality.

I was unable to locate a comparable print so I cannot give you an estimate of value. If I cannot find a piece on the market; they must be either very rare or very undesirable as an image. Since the image is probably one of the most loved and revered of his paintings I would say the value should be based on its rarity. If you are selling you need to consider the prints condition, size, and rarity. It is a lovely image. I hope you are enjoying it in your home.

Kind regards,

Dolly D Headley

I can assist with identification, acquisition, sell representation, and care of fine art prints and original paintings. Some of my artist specialties include Henri Toulouse Lautrec, California Artists, and the Modern Masters. I can also assist with information on getting professional appraisals and authentication.

Dolly D. Headley, owner of Headley Fine Art, LLC, has provided consultative art services to retail gallery clients in Sausalito, CA, and at since 1998. With over 14 years experience as a Senior Art Consultant, Gallery Director, and an extensive art research library; Ms. Headley has provided hundreds of people with her high quality personalized consultation services and solid guarantee of satisfaction. Dolly is a volunteer at Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art.

Member of the Association of Online Appraisers.

The Fine Art Collectors News

Bachelor of Science; Self taught with thousands of hours research and retail gallery consulting. Personalized mentorship from various experts in the industry.