Fine Art/Corot Painting

Question
I got a painting 15 years ago, and the woman that had it got it many years before, she was 92 years old. It was framed by Catalda Fine Arts, and is titled (The Chateau Thierry) by Corot.

Answer
Dear Marge,

I believe you have a good quality vintage print after the treasured painting by the same title by Jean-Baptiste-Camille Corot, French 1796-1875. Of the vintage Catalda Fine Arts prints I have had and have in my inventory; they are of very good quality.

I was unable to locate a comparable print so I cannot give you an estimate of value. If I cannot find a piece on the market; they must be either very rare or very undesirable as an image. Since the image is probably one of the most loved and revered of his paintings I would say the value should be based on its rarity. If you are selling you need to consider the prints condition, size, and rarity. It is a lovely image. I hope you are enjoying it in your home.

Kind regards,
Dolly

Dolly D Headley