Fine Art/F O C Darley print

My mother has a large Darley print, engraved by A.H.Richie & Co. entitled Triumph of Patriotism (Geo. Washington Entering New York) which I see is one of Darley's many famous works.  This print has been in my mother's household since she can remember (she is now 87), so I am guessing it has been around at least since the late 20's.  It is in very good condition with only some discoloration of the unprinted white border.  How can I better date it and get an appraisal?

Dear Robert,

It appears that more than one publisher released a print copy of the original painting by Felix O.C. Darley. The earliest printing that I was able to locate was published by George T. Perry in 1860. I found a price between $2000-3000 for this printing. Yours is a later printing that was published between 1928 and 1932. It was released as an open edition copy of a print. I have not been able to locate an estimated value on your piece; but I can tell you that a copy of the original print such as yours would be valued considerably less than the 1860 printing. I hope this information is helpful.

Kind regards,

Dolly D Headley

I can assist with identification, acquisition, sell representation, and care of fine art prints and original paintings. Some of my artist specialties include Henri Toulouse Lautrec, California Artists, and the Modern Masters. I can also assist with information on getting professional appraisals and authentication.

Dolly D. Headley, owner of Headley Fine Art, LLC, has provided consultative art services to retail gallery clients in Sausalito, CA, and at since 1998. With over 14 years experience as a Senior Art Consultant, Gallery Director, and an extensive art research library; Ms. Headley has provided hundreds of people with her high quality personalized consultation services and solid guarantee of satisfaction. Dolly is a volunteer at Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art.

Member of the Association of Online Appraisers.

The Fine Art Collectors News

Bachelor of Science; Self taught with thousands of hours research and retail gallery consulting. Personalized mentorship from various experts in the industry.