Fine Art/Georges Redon

Mr. Dan,
I currently own a picture by Georges Redon-"Ce que c'est pratique!" When I removed this picture from its original frame, I accidently touched the little girls dress and black came off on my finger. Who would I need to speak with to find out if this picture is a print, lithograph or something else? Any advice you have would be greatly appreciated. Do you also have any idea when the original print was painted by him, not mine. Thank you so much, Patricia

I don't know what happened? I went to answer your question and the page closed? If you received a blank answer earlier, that is the reason.  Redon is well known for an image of a boy peeing on a tree and a few others.  The Charcoal sketch medium is something I have seen in the past.  I have not seen any high prices on the works, but I have not really examined his market as I am a Salvador Dali expert. Answers to your questions can be found, but it will take a bit of research.

Dan Twyman

I can answer questions about Salvador Dali. While I cannot do FREE APPRAISALS, I might be able to help you sell your works. I can also help with Chagall, Miro, Picasso and other 20th Century Masters.

Questions about a type of art or medium can be answered with one response in most cases. Technical issues are easier to deal with than specifics about an artist. If you need help finding values or history on an artist, it will probably involve research that can sometimes take hours to complete. If you have more than one image to send, I will give you an alternate email address as this system cannot handle multiple images.

Late 70's early 80's Worked for a printer and learned the art or Lithography. Early to mid 80's Managed a publishing company that produced fine art both living and reproductions of the masters. Mid 80's to 2003 Senior Art Consultant with well known broker of Dali, Picasso, Miro, Chagall,Vargas,Max,Warhol and others. 2004 - 2005 Independent Art Consultant. 2005-2006 Beverly Hills Art Gallery(Living Artists) 2006 - Present Salvador Dali Society. Senior Art Consultant.

Publications Various online art publications.

Studied Art History, Methods of printing, Various Mediums. Studied anatomy, sketch art, Complex shading technique, Acrylic technique. Bloch books(Picasso),Salvador Dali publications(extensive). 30 Years life Experience in the arts as an artist, fine art broker,Gallery Director,art consultant.

Over 100 awards. Set records in the Art Brokering business.

Major Film Celebs/U.S. Ambassador/ Fortune 500 Company CEO's and high level employees. Over 300 repeat clients in Fine Art. Beverly Hills local and visiting repeat clients.