Fine Art/Lithographs

I have just came across two Lithographs bought from Merrill chase. Two are black and white from Robert W. Addison. One is called WHERE HAVE ALL THE CHILDREN GONE at the bottom it has 76/150, and the second is called A SHORT TIME AGO with 112/150 at the bottom. Then I have a third color lithograph from Nierman that is called THE GHOST SHIP and at the bottom it has H C.I also have a oil painting also from Merrill Chase but can not make out the artist name.I was wondering if you know where to get a list of the artist that dealt with Merrill Chase,and if you can tell me anything about the three litograph's.Such as how old,what they are worth.I can e-mail you photo's if that would help.If you can not help me do you know of any one that might be able to help me with these pictures?

Thank You
Robert Johnson

Dear Robert,

There is a company in Chicago that does appraisals on art once carried by Merrill Chase Galleries that can assist you with the Addison prints and other art from Chase Galleries. Here is a link to the right page.

The Nierman litho with the H.C. is a Hors Commerce print which means it was either the printers final edition for approval by the artist or used to promote the print. It's value is the same as the released limited edition. You can find prints such as yours by Leonardo Nierman for sale at this site:

I hope this information is helpful.

Best regards,

Dolly D Headley

I can assist with identification, acquisition, sell representation, and care of fine art prints and original paintings. Some of my artist specialties include Henri Toulouse Lautrec, California Artists, and the Modern Masters. I can also assist with information on getting professional appraisals and authentication.

Dolly D. Headley, owner of Headley Fine Art, LLC, has provided consultative art services to retail gallery clients in Sausalito, CA, and at since 1998. With over 14 years experience as a Senior Art Consultant, Gallery Director, and an extensive art research library; Ms. Headley has provided hundreds of people with her high quality personalized consultation services and solid guarantee of satisfaction. Dolly is a volunteer at Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art.

Member of the Association of Online Appraisers.

The Fine Art Collectors News

Bachelor of Science; Self taught with thousands of hours research and retail gallery consulting. Personalized mentorship from various experts in the industry.