Fine Art/Marc Chagall Prints

Question
Hello,  I have a full size Marc Chagall print on silk - marked Paris.  Die Zauberflote. Currently I have it hanging at a beach condo that I rent out. . . maybe a bad mistake.  I am wondering if I should recue it to safely preserve. Might this be one of the original 5000 unsigned??  Thanks,  Pat

Answer
Chagall Print
Chagall Print  
Hi Patricia, I believe you are speaking of a work that I have pictured here.

Created in 1967, this work was inspired by a performance of Mozart's The Magic Flute in which he created the sets and costume shown on the stage of the Metropolitan Opera House of New York. It is part of the edition of 3,000 proofs with text printed on poster paper by Mourlot, Paris. The image is also engraved in the plate "d'Apres Marc Chagall - Ch. Sorlier Grav" in the lower left.

It is definitely a collectible item and some people might even get insurance on it. Feel free to contact me if you have more questions about this work.

Sincerely,

Andrew Evans

Andrew Evans