Fine Art/Violet Parkhurt Origional

Parkhurst Painting
Parkhurst Painting  
I currently have a Violet Parkhurt original that I acquired at a thrift store about 3 years ago. There is slight damage to the frame and to the painting it's self but not very noticeable.

My question is how I get it appraised or even if you know a good market to just sell this item.. I have seen reprints of much of her work but not any of this particular painting..

I have included a picture so you can take a look at it and let me know.. If you need any further information I will be glad to give it to you.

Dear Anthony,

The artist has a website that allows collectors to submit photos of the artist's painting to have it authenticated and appraised. This would be your best course of action as nothing qualifies a piece of art more than the artist or the artist's estate. The website link is:

I hope this information is helpful.

Kind regards,

Dolly D Headley

I can assist with identification, acquisition, sell representation, and care of fine art prints and original paintings. Some of my artist specialties include Henri Toulouse Lautrec, California Artists, and the Modern Masters. I can also assist with information on getting professional appraisals and authentication.

Dolly D. Headley, owner of Headley Fine Art, LLC, has provided consultative art services to retail gallery clients in Sausalito, CA, and at since 1998. With over 14 years experience as a Senior Art Consultant, Gallery Director, and an extensive art research library; Ms. Headley has provided hundreds of people with her high quality personalized consultation services and solid guarantee of satisfaction. Dolly is a volunteer at Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art.

Member of the Association of Online Appraisers.

The Fine Art Collectors News

Bachelor of Science; Self taught with thousands of hours research and retail gallery consulting. Personalized mentorship from various experts in the industry.