Fine Art/

Windsor & Newton
Windsor & Newton  
I recently purchased a painting %26 am hoping you can help me identify it. The back of the canvas reads windsor %26 Newton 88 Rathbone Place London, W. There is no signiture on the painting. It looks like there may have been something of some sort on the wood??? Im not sure how to explain that. Im going to attach the picture I took. Thanks.

Dear Monica,

Windsor and Newton is a company that makes artist supplies; including canvas. It appears to be an early to mid century oil by a fair to good amateur. It lacks the depth and detail of a more accomplished artist. Not having an artist name will make it impossible to identify the artist. I am sorry I cannot be of further assistance.

Kind regards,

Dolly D Headley

I can assist with identification, acquisition, sell representation, and care of fine art prints and original paintings. Some of my artist specialties include Henri Toulouse Lautrec, California Artists, and the Modern Masters. I can also assist with information on getting professional appraisals and authentication.

Dolly D. Headley, owner of Headley Fine Art, LLC, has provided consultative art services to retail gallery clients in Sausalito, CA, and at since 1998. With over 14 years experience as a Senior Art Consultant, Gallery Director, and an extensive art research library; Ms. Headley has provided hundreds of people with her high quality personalized consultation services and solid guarantee of satisfaction. Dolly is a volunteer at Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art.

Member of the Association of Online Appraisers.

The Fine Art Collectors News

Bachelor of Science; Self taught with thousands of hours research and retail gallery consulting. Personalized mentorship from various experts in the industry.