Fine Art/fire damage


I have two paintings from a Durham castle but there fire damaged what can i do as there from the 1600 so i am led to belive from family  

Dear Denis,

They sound like they are important paintings. I would contact the E.C.C.O.

E.C.C.O. is the European Confederation of Conservator-Restorers' Organisations.

E.C.C.O. seeks to develop and promote, on a practical, scientific and cultural level, the profession of Conservator-Restorer of Cultural Property.

E.C.C.O. represents, through their professional associations, more than 5.000 members throughout Europe from 16 countries within the European Union #EU# and the European Free Trade Association #EFTA#.


I hope this information is helpful.

Kind regards,

Fine Art

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Dolly D Headley


I can assist with identification, acquisition, sell representation, and care of fine art prints and original paintings. Some of my artist specialties include Henri Toulouse Lautrec, California Artists, and the Modern Masters. I can also assist with information on getting professional appraisals and authentication.


Dolly D. Headley, owner of Headley Fine Art, LLC, has provided consultative art services to retail gallery clients in Sausalito, CA, and at since 1998. With over 14 years experience as a Senior Art Consultant, Gallery Director, and an extensive art research library; Ms. Headley has provided hundreds of people with her high quality personalized consultation services and solid guarantee of satisfaction. Dolly is a volunteer at Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art.

Member of the Association of Online Appraisers.

The Fine Art Collectors News

Bachelor of Science; Self taught with thousands of hours research and retail gallery consulting. Personalized mentorship from various experts in the industry.

©2017 All rights reserved.