Fine Art/greenwich village painting

Question
I've a painting by Peter Hayward (Greenwich Village) that I would like to know more about. It've been in my family for 45 years and would like tgo pass it on to our kids.Also, the worth of say painting  

Answer
Dear Andrea,

There are many reproductions of Peter Hayward's paintings; including the one very popular image titled Greenwich Village.

I do not know for certain; but you probably have a print on canvas that was released sometime in the 60's after the original painting. I had a question about this print before. The eBay seller contacted me after selling one of the prints as an original on eBay. I had to give her the bad news. The seller ended up having to refund the buyers money when they had an expert personally view the print and declare it a reproduction. You can probably find other examples of your print at various times on eBay if you are wanting a current value on these vintage reproductions.

I hope this information is helpful.

Kind regards,
Dolly

Dolly D Headley