Fine Art/greenwich village painting

I've a painting by Peter Hayward (Greenwich Village) that I would like to know more about. It've been in my family for 45 years and would like tgo pass it on to our kids.Also, the worth of say painting  

Dear Andrea,

There are many reproductions of Peter Hayward's paintings; including the one very popular image titled Greenwich Village.

I do not know for certain; but you probably have a print on canvas that was released sometime in the 60's after the original painting. I had a question about this print before. The eBay seller contacted me after selling one of the prints as an original on eBay. I had to give her the bad news. The seller ended up having to refund the buyers money when they had an expert personally view the print and declare it a reproduction. You can probably find other examples of your print at various times on eBay if you are wanting a current value on these vintage reproductions.

I hope this information is helpful.

Kind regards,

Dolly D Headley

I can assist with identification, acquisition, sell representation, and care of fine art prints and original paintings. Some of my artist specialties include Henri Toulouse Lautrec, California Artists, and the Modern Masters. I can also assist with information on getting professional appraisals and authentication.

Dolly D. Headley, owner of Headley Fine Art, LLC, has provided consultative art services to retail gallery clients in Sausalito, CA, and at since 1998. With over 14 years experience as a Senior Art Consultant, Gallery Director, and an extensive art research library; Ms. Headley has provided hundreds of people with her high quality personalized consultation services and solid guarantee of satisfaction. Dolly is a volunteer at Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art.

Member of the Association of Online Appraisers.

The Fine Art Collectors News

Bachelor of Science; Self taught with thousands of hours research and retail gallery consulting. Personalized mentorship from various experts in the industry.