Fine Art/" on the terrace" by Morisot

Question
I have a reprint of this picture that is from the Catalda Fine Arts INC. NY. Its probably 40yrs old. Could you tell me if this has any value (ie insurance purposes)It is in great condition, original frame and the backing is intact...Thank you!

Answer
Dear Beth,

Catalda Fine Arts made quality reproductions of famous paintings during the mid century. It is difficult to give you an estimate of value. You may try looking for another one on eBay or on the net to see the price people are willing to pay. I would not add it to your insurance policy as the yearly premium would probably be more than the prints value. If you like the print, you should take it out of the vintage framing and replace the mat and backing with acid free material. This will keep your print in good condition much longer. I hope this information is helpful.

Kind regards,
Dolly

Dolly D Headley