Fine Art/4 SEASONS OF LIFE

Question
HI, I HAVE REMOVED THE PICTURE FROM THE FRAME. I HAVE A CURRIER AND IVES PICTURE OF THE FOUR SEASONS OF LIFE; MIDDLE AGE. THE SIZE IS ABOUT 13 1/2 BY 10 1/2. WHEN I COMPARE THIS PRINTS TO OTHERS ON THE INTERNET, THIS PRINT SEEMS TO BE BLACK AND WHITE BUT HAD RED ADDED TO IT. ALL THE OTHERS ARE FULL COLOR. THE PICTURE IS ON VERY HEAVY PAPER ALSO. MY QUESTION IS HOW CAN I DATE THIS AND HOW CAN I TELL IF IT IS ORIGINAL. THERE WERE NO MARKING ON THE BACK OF THE PICTURE. WHAT DO I LOOK FOR.
THANK YOU, JIM

Answer
Hello Jim,

Your print is a reproduction of the original printed in 1868. It was released in the large folio size; approximately 15 x 23 inches of the scene alone without the writing/title area. This immediately makes your smaller print a reproduction. Currier and Ives prints have been reproduced in every possible size and on all kinds of paper. Some are much better quality than the others; but they are still reproductions and do not have a real value other than aesthetic.

I hope this information is helpful.

Kind regards,
Dolly

Dolly D Headley