Fine Art/H.G. Westlund

When my mother in law passed away, we found an original oil painting by H.G.Westlund in her closet.  I have been searching for information about the artist but have been unable to find anything.  I saw where you were searching for information in 2008 and I was wondering if you ever found out anything?  There is an old newspaper clipping taped to the back about one of his art shows I think in Florida.

The information you found from 2008 is the sum total of my knowledge about HG Westlund.  

AllExperts gives us a button to hit: "This is beyond my expertise."  Using this button whisks the questions away, and saves the expert oodles of time. No further correspondence with the questioner, and the questioner cannot rate the expert.  It is the end of the transaction.

I typically use this button whenever the questions are beyond what I have advertised as my narrow niche of knowledge. I trust anyone with a question unanswered in this manner will understand -- far be it for us to mislead anyone with incorrect information.  I won't pretend to know or find anything just to please someone with an inquiry.  After all, we're just volunteers...not getting paid.  I often will poke around to learn something new about an unknown artist...if I have the time.

In any case, I wish you luck in your search for information about HG Westlund.  I hope my earlier comments were of some marginal use.  I hope you enjoy the painting!  If you don't, put it in auction and let someone else peruse it every day.

Stuart Cartwright

American Fine Art Paintings.
Oils, Watercolors, Sketches. Nineteenth and early Twentieth Century. Hudson River School, Pennsylvania Academy, Cape Ann artists, Ash Can, Woodstock, Florida Indian River, American Impressionists, etc. I can provide some background about artists and perhaps a rough appraisal or guidance towards obtaining a value. I am acquainted with many of the best American art dealers and auction houses. Original works only, I do not follow the print market. I do NOT field questions about prints.

Important to know
I am not expert in European art. I encourage you to send questions on European artists to other experts on this service. NO PRINTS:I encourage you to seek help on prints elsewhere. Two sites come to mind: and

I have been collecting original American Fine Art for over 20 years. I have curated art shows, and I have served as a dealer, providing appraisals and guidance for the last 8 years.

Bachelor of Arts Master of Business Administration