Fine Art/John Constable painting

I purchased a painting painted by John Constable it needs some cleaning and was wondering would it be worth the trouble. I like the painting. I know nothing about art. Do you think I found a Dimond in the rough?

Dear Matthew,

Could you please provide me with more information such as where you purchased it, any corresponding paperwork, perhaps a title or description and any markings on the rear of the work.

Many thanks,

PS. You may want to attach an image too.

Samantha Hughes-Johnson

I am an art historian and my speciality is Renaissance Florence, although I have an excellent knowledge of the Renaissance in Europe too. I can answer your questions regarding visual and textual primary sources produced during this period although I DO NOT APPRAISE PAINTINGS OR ANTIQUES.

I have experience in independent research and have produced several, as yet unpublished works. My research has taken me to London, Paris, Florence, Rome, Prague, Milan etc.

I belong to the Association of Art Historians.

I have a first-class honours degree in the humanities with art history, a postgraduate certificate in research methodology and I am currently researching towards my PhD.