Fine Art/Michael Schofield Limited Edition Seragraph

I purchased a limited edition signed seragraph framed in the mid-eighties.  It
has a certificate of authenticity on the back and it is titled "Ice Cream Sundae."  
It is signed in pencil by Michael Schofield and unlike his landscapes, it is more
a piece of modern art and not a direct representation of a sundae but an
abstract.  Framed it is 32 inches by 47 inches wide  and the area not covered
by mat is 25' by 39' wide.  I would like to sell it and wonder about it's value
and how to sell it.  It has a gold frame.  I could send you an image if that was
helpful.  Thank you!  Lyndi  

Dear Lyndi,

I researched thoroughly and could not locate another example of your serigraph. He is well known for his landscapes and I could only find a couple other prints he did in abstract.

Overall his prints sell in the $150-300 range. There is one currently on eBay for $150. His original landscape paintings sell in the $3000-5000 range. Probably the best place for you to sell the print would be on eBay. I'm sorry I cannot be of more help.

Kind regards,

Dolly D Headley

I can assist with identification, acquisition, sell representation, and care of fine art prints and original paintings. Some of my artist specialties include Henri Toulouse Lautrec, California Artists, and the Modern Masters. I can also assist with information on getting professional appraisals and authentication.

Dolly D. Headley, owner of Headley Fine Art, LLC, has provided consultative art services to retail gallery clients in Sausalito, CA, and at since 1998. With over 14 years experience as a Senior Art Consultant, Gallery Director, and an extensive art research library; Ms. Headley has provided hundreds of people with her high quality personalized consultation services and solid guarantee of satisfaction. Dolly is a volunteer at Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art.

Member of the Association of Online Appraisers.

The Fine Art Collectors News

Bachelor of Science; Self taught with thousands of hours research and retail gallery consulting. Personalized mentorship from various experts in the industry.