Fine Art/Renoir painting

Question
photo141
photo141  
My Mother bought a painting years ago I think at a yard sale. It has been hanging in her den for probably 30plus years. It is a woman at a piano, it is in a white and gold very old frame with a thin wooden back. It is signed on the bottom left corner Renoir. We are wondering about the value and if it is authentic.

Answer
Very hard to see the image you sent? I have sold a few Renoir works over the years, but they had to pass inspection with a panel of experts. Renoir hand signed works and there are also "signed in the stone" prints that are reaching some high values on the market. Most of the Renoir images I see are replicas. Replica art has been around for a long time and is the result of museum shops selling what looks like a painting of a master, but is simply decorative art to remind the buyer of thier trip to the museum where they saw "the real thing". These days, replica art is all over the internet. If you feel you have an authentic Renoir, send clear images and all detials to: collectdali@aol.com

Dan

Dan Twyman