Fine Art/albert proctor

a friend of mine has a large landscape painting done in watercolor and is signed 'Albert Proctor.' we have been looking for information about this painter on the internet but can't find very much... is there a book or a website you know of that could tell us more about this artist and his paintings and could you advise us of the best way to get a genuine valuation for the painting... thanks

Dear Marcia,

I'm sorry but I'm not familiar with Albert Proctor but that's not to say that someone won't be.

I would advise that you take your painting to a reputable auction house and they will probably be able to advise you on the artist and and the value. They should do this for free.

Best wishes,

Samantha Hughes-Johnson

I am an art historian and my speciality is Renaissance Florence, although I have an excellent knowledge of the Renaissance in Europe too. I can answer your questions regarding visual and textual primary sources produced during this period although I DO NOT APPRAISE PAINTINGS OR ANTIQUES.

I have experience in independent research and have produced several, as yet unpublished works. My research has taken me to London, Paris, Florence, Rome, Prague, Milan etc.

I belong to the Association of Art Historians.

I have a first-class honours degree in the humanities with art history, a postgraduate certificate in research methodology and I am currently researching towards my PhD.