Fine Art/albert proctor

Question
a friend of mine has a large landscape painting done in watercolor and is signed 'Albert Proctor.' we have been looking for information about this painter on the internet but can't find very much... is there a book or a website you know of that could tell us more about this artist and his paintings and could you advise us of the best way to get a genuine valuation for the painting... thanks

Answer
Dear Marcia,

I'm sorry but I'm not familiar with Albert Proctor but that's not to say that someone won't be.

I would advise that you take your painting to a reputable auction house and they will probably be able to advise you on the artist and and the value. They should do this for free.

Best wishes,

Samantha

Samantha Hughes-Johnson