Fine Art/currier & ives originals?

Question
does having "entered according to act of congress in the year 1855 by currier & Ives in the clerks office of district court of the united states for the southern district of new york under picture mean it is an original litho?  i have 4 prints with this statement under the picture. Dates The Road summer 1853, Wooding Up the Mississippi 1863, American Express Train 1864 & Clipper Ship The Great Republic 1855.  thanks  

Answer
I've seen that printed on Currier & Ives etchings and engravings, Currier & Ives works are fairly easy to find online. There are also quite a few copies out there. Values are not as high as you would expect for prints that are over 100 years old. You can find dealers online selling Currier & Ives works and ask them if they are willing to help you authenticate your prints. I am a Salvador Dali expert, so this is a bit outside my area, but I have studied it over the years and know about Currier and Ives as Dali did interpretations of a number of Currier & Ives works.

Dan

Dan Twyman