Fine Art/robert owen

Question
i have an original Robert Owen original oil painting titled "free & easy. i have had s the painting approximately 25 year and i would like to know what it is worth. i also have a set(4) of red skeleton series # 9 signed oil transfers and know what they might be worth .
Thanks
ken Sullivan,southern California

Answer
Ken,
Robert Emmett Owen was a very fine landscape artist, and if this is your artist, you may have a painting of worth.  I would suggest contacting a reputable fine art dealer or auctioneer in your area.  

However, since you mention Red Skeleton (sic) I suspect you are a collector of clowns, yes?  Richard (Red) Skelton was a well-known clown and comedian, (I am not so young that I do not remember his appearances on the Ed Sullivan show,) who painted as a sideline.  His clowns were widely reproduced.   Robert Owen, born 1930, painted clowns as well.  Neither artist's works have come to auction much, and the few that have do not bring more than a few hundred dollars.  

Evidently you enjoy the clowns enough to hang on to them for many years, so I'd highly recommend you continue to enjoy them!

Stu

Stuart Cartwright