Fine Art/robert owen

i have an original Robert Owen original oil painting titled "free & easy. i have had s the painting approximately 25 year and i would like to know what it is worth. i also have a set(4) of red skeleton series # 9 signed oil transfers and know what they might be worth .
ken Sullivan,southern California

Robert Emmett Owen was a very fine landscape artist, and if this is your artist, you may have a painting of worth.  I would suggest contacting a reputable fine art dealer or auctioneer in your area.  

However, since you mention Red Skeleton (sic) I suspect you are a collector of clowns, yes?  Richard (Red) Skelton was a well-known clown and comedian, (I am not so young that I do not remember his appearances on the Ed Sullivan show,) who painted as a sideline.  His clowns were widely reproduced.   Robert Owen, born 1930, painted clowns as well.  Neither artist's works have come to auction much, and the few that have do not bring more than a few hundred dollars.  

Evidently you enjoy the clowns enough to hang on to them for many years, so I'd highly recommend you continue to enjoy them!

Stuart Cartwright

American Fine Art Paintings.
Oils, Watercolors, Sketches. Nineteenth and early Twentieth Century. Hudson River School, Pennsylvania Academy, Cape Ann artists, Ash Can, Woodstock, Florida Indian River, American Impressionists, etc. I can provide some background about artists and perhaps a rough appraisal or guidance towards obtaining a value. I am acquainted with many of the best American art dealers and auction houses. Original works only, I do not follow the print market. I do NOT field questions about prints.

Important to know
I am not expert in European art. I encourage you to send questions on European artists to other experts on this service. NO PRINTS:I encourage you to seek help on prints elsewhere. Two sites come to mind: and

I have been collecting original American Fine Art for over 20 years. I have curated art shows, and I have served as a dealer, providing appraisals and guidance for the last 8 years.

Bachelor of Arts Master of Business Administration