Fine Art/Buffalo Bill

Question
Buffalo Bill
Buffalo Bill  
Joe here from sunny Orlando, Florida.  Recently I purchased a collection of 12 impressionist paintings and watercolors by artist Grace Cody (Taught at Art School of New York died 1956).  I purchase the picks from Grace’s Cody nephew.  He gave me some information on the family history, he said that Grace was the daughter of Lindus Cody, Lindus is the Buffalo Bill 1st cousin.  While going through my paintings I noticed a picture signed Miss Mary Cody.  After researching several sites on the internet I found out that Mary Cody was Buffalo Bill sister.  I am attaching a photo of my collection.  Any information that you may have will be appreciated.  Thanks Joe in Orlando

Answer
Joe,
Sorry for the delayed response.  That time of year.

Grace Cody is not a listed artist.  Hence, her works will not carry much of a premium as the fine art of a listed artist.  This is not to say they are not quality...but beauty is always in the eye of the beholder, right?  You have a nice looking display, and I would strongly urge you to contact the Cody Museum if you haven't done so already.  Longshot, but they might have some *historical* interest in the collection.  

BUFFALO BILL HISTORICAL CENTER
720 Sheridan Avenue
Cody, Wyoming

If nothing else, it looks like you have some interesting original art that someone might enjoy hanging on a wall.  Always far more interesting to hang original artworks than prints or poster, don't you agree?

Hey, stay warm down there in Florida.

Stu

Stuart Cartwright