Fine Art/Buffalo Bill

Buffalo Bill
Buffalo Bill  
Joe here from sunny Orlando, Florida.  Recently I purchased a collection of 12 impressionist paintings and watercolors by artist Grace Cody (Taught at Art School of New York died 1956).  I purchase the picks from Grace’s Cody nephew.  He gave me some information on the family history, he said that Grace was the daughter of Lindus Cody, Lindus is the Buffalo Bill 1st cousin.  While going through my paintings I noticed a picture signed Miss Mary Cody.  After researching several sites on the internet I found out that Mary Cody was Buffalo Bill sister.  I am attaching a photo of my collection.  Any information that you may have will be appreciated.  Thanks Joe in Orlando

Sorry for the delayed response.  That time of year.

Grace Cody is not a listed artist.  Hence, her works will not carry much of a premium as the fine art of a listed artist.  This is not to say they are not quality...but beauty is always in the eye of the beholder, right?  You have a nice looking display, and I would strongly urge you to contact the Cody Museum if you haven't done so already.  Longshot, but they might have some *historical* interest in the collection.  

720 Sheridan Avenue
Cody, Wyoming

If nothing else, it looks like you have some interesting original art that someone might enjoy hanging on a wall.  Always far more interesting to hang original artworks than prints or poster, don't you agree?

Hey, stay warm down there in Florida.

Stuart Cartwright

American Fine Art Paintings.
Oils, Watercolors, Sketches. Nineteenth and early Twentieth Century. Hudson River School, Pennsylvania Academy, Cape Ann artists, Ash Can, Woodstock, Florida Indian River, American Impressionists, etc. I can provide some background about artists and perhaps a rough appraisal or guidance towards obtaining a value. I am acquainted with many of the best American art dealers and auction houses. Original works only, I do not follow the print market. I do NOT field questions about prints.

Important to know
I am not expert in European art. I encourage you to send questions on European artists to other experts on this service. NO PRINTS:I encourage you to seek help on prints elsewhere. Two sites come to mind: and

I have been collecting original American Fine Art for over 20 years. I have curated art shows, and I have served as a dealer, providing appraisals and guidance for the last 8 years.

Bachelor of Arts Master of Business Administration