Fine Art/Carle Vernet, Debucourt

Question
I have four pieces of artwork by Vernet. They came from my grandfather's home. They all appear to be watercolered? The first two appear to be engravings, Preparatifs dune course and Suites dune course. The left side says Carle Vernet px. On the  right side they say Debucourt sc.  The other two pieces are called, LA COURSE and FIN DE LA COURSE, left side says defsine par Carle Vernet, right side says grave par P L Debucourt. I'm just trying to find out their value and how to take care of them.

Answer
Dear Walter,

Determining value can be difficult in a fluctuating market. All four of your prints are early nineteenth century hand colored engravings. They tend to be sold in pairs as I found a 2007 auction where a pair sold for approximately $450. However I have found a more current auction price of $80 for a pair. As you can see, value of art varies substantially based on location of auction, date, amount of bidders present, condition of the art and etc.
If your prints are framed in old frames, you may want to take them to a good framer to be reframed in acid free archival material. When hanging in your home avoid direct sunlight on the prints as this will cause the watercolors to fade and/or the paper to darken. If you see any evidence of moisture have the prints removed from the framing material asap.

I hope this information is helpful.

Kind regards,
Dolly

Dolly D Headley