Fine Art/Merrill Chase Gallery harbor print

Hi, We purchased a print from a resale shop. When reframing, we saw that it was from Merrill Chase Gallery Chicago. Would you know anything about the artist and whether the print has any value? The title is "Quiet Harbor," and it's 3/275. The artist's name looks like Antoine, but it's hard to read. The colors are dark, blacks, browns, grays, and the focus is on two shipping boats and their reflections on the water. The plain background buildings are square in style with tall chimneys, similar to what you would see in Holland. I'm not an art expert, but the style seems more contemporary to me - maybe 1950s or 1960s? I appreciate any info. you could provide. Thanks, and Happy Thanksgiving!  

Dear Diane,

Merrill Chase was known to carry local Chicago artists as well as some nationally recognized. Many of the artists they carried did not establish their influence beyond the local market and therefore often difficult to get information on them. I will take a look at the painting and a close up of the signature to see if your artist is listed. Email to

Best regards,

Dolly D Headley

I can assist with identification, acquisition, sell representation, and care of fine art prints and original paintings. Some of my artist specialties include Henri Toulouse Lautrec, California Artists, and the Modern Masters. I can also assist with information on getting professional appraisals and authentication.

Dolly D. Headley, owner of Headley Fine Art, LLC, has provided consultative art services to retail gallery clients in Sausalito, CA, and at since 1998. With over 14 years experience as a Senior Art Consultant, Gallery Director, and an extensive art research library; Ms. Headley has provided hundreds of people with her high quality personalized consultation services and solid guarantee of satisfaction. Dolly is a volunteer at Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art.

Member of the Association of Online Appraisers.

The Fine Art Collectors News

Bachelor of Science; Self taught with thousands of hours research and retail gallery consulting. Personalized mentorship from various experts in the industry.