Fine Art/Painting

Question
Seascape
Seascape  
I recently acquired this seascape. Artist is B. Russell. It is on canvas. Looks at least 30-50 years old. Not sure if acryllic or oil. Good condition. Ugly frame. I liked the way the artist depicted the light through the wave. I live in Atlanta, GA. Is this a quality painting? Worth anything? D you know anything about B. Russell? Thank you so much for your help.

Answer
Mr. Phelps,
Glad you like the artwork.  Keep it, hang it, enjoy it.

Quick answer is that you do not have a found treasure, and it is likely worth precisely what you paid for the piece.  B. Russell is not a recognized name in fine art databases.  Doesn't mean your wave cannot brighten up a room!

Stu

Stuart Cartwright