Fine Art/Water Color

Question
Swallows Return to Capistrano
Swallows Return to Cap  
I have a small water color dated 27 (I think) signed by “Lefevre Younkin”.  The scene is a view of an old Spanish style building from a garden view and a Newspaper clipping titled "Swallows return to Capistrano" taped to the back of the frame.    I was left the contents of a home in Lincoln NE and found it in a basement closet with a lot of old frames, The home owner attended college in Lincoln in the 1920’s.  The only link I can find with that name is William Lefevre Younkin the Architect, who built the Nebraska Capitol in Lincoln from 1922 -1932.  I have tried to do some research with little luck though I find him linked to art in several places but no detail.  He was born 1885 in Iowa City, IA & deceased 12/18/1946 Lincoln NE.  Is Lefevre Younking a known American artist?  Is there a catalogue?

Answer
Royce,
You have provided the answers yourself.  Younkin is mentioned in Who Was Who in American Art, 1999, Peter Falk editor.  But that is all.  His association with the American Artists Professional League is noted, along with his enrollment at the Columbia University Art Department.

He is not what I would term a prolific American artist.  I can find no examples of his work listed anywhere.  

Hardly surprising to find an architect who found these arches compelling enough to portray.  Interesting composition, interesting picture.  Enjoy the artwork!

Rgds,
Stu  

Stuart Cartwright