Fine Art/Watercolor

watercolor and sig
watercolor and sig  
Hello,I am hoping you can help me with identification of this watercolor. It is dated "51" presumably 1951.  Nice condition. Very 50's looking.  This photo has the signature attatched, ? Otto R ?  very nice technique, I have two originals by this artist. Size is 20.5 inches by 16 inches. It came with a thin construction paper type "matte" Thanks in advance, Rick

Nice watercolors, definitely. They look to be original. I do not recognize this artist, nor can I find and Otto P. or Otto R. who would match up to this artwork.  Possibly a "Sunday artist" local to you?  Watercolors by unlisted artists don't generally bring much at auction, but yours might be worth $200-$300 each, depending on condition, the frame they are in, and of course, the capricious nature of the auction market.  You could try some local dealers for an off-the cuff estimate from someone who could actually eyeball the art.  If you keep them, I would encourage you to hang them in a place where you'll see them every day.  But keep them under u/v glass, and beware sunlight landing on them through the course of the day.  Watercolors are delicate!

Stuart Cartwright

American Fine Art Paintings.
Oils, Watercolors, Sketches. Nineteenth and early Twentieth Century. Hudson River School, Pennsylvania Academy, Cape Ann artists, Ash Can, Woodstock, Florida Indian River, American Impressionists, etc. I can provide some background about artists and perhaps a rough appraisal or guidance towards obtaining a value. I am acquainted with many of the best American art dealers and auction houses. Original works only, I do not follow the print market. I do NOT field questions about prints.

Important to know
I am not expert in European art. I encourage you to send questions on European artists to other experts on this service. NO PRINTS:I encourage you to seek help on prints elsewhere. Two sites come to mind: and

I have been collecting original American Fine Art for over 20 years. I have curated art shows, and I have served as a dealer, providing appraisals and guidance for the last 8 years.

Bachelor of Arts Master of Business Administration