Fine Art/e. thomas painting of water mill

Question
I have a very large painting with a metal name plaque that says Miller's Home
    E. Thomas
the picture has a large tree in the foreground, plank walkway over the water to the mill and a bridge in the background.  a lady is carrying a bucket to the mill doorway and there is a red cloth hung from a second story window.  I do not think the painting is worth as much as the frame and I plan to reuse the frame if you confirm this.  (I am pretty sure it is a reproduction my grandmother bought in the early 60's)

Answer
Dear Loma,

I believe the artist is Edward Kirkbride Thomas,(1817 - 1906). Most of this American artist's original paintings were burned up in a fire. I have read that his originals are always signed E.K. Thomas.

I was also able to find another example of a print with the same title. It is highly likely you have a reproduction, but I cannot tell you that for certain without personally looking at it. If you have anything other than an original oil painting, I would consider it a modern reproduction with aesthetic value only. His original paintings do not sell for very much; in the low hundreds.

I hope this is helpful.

Kind regards,
Dolly

Dolly D Headley