Fine Art/2 different artists, similar paintings

Larger Painting
Larger Painting  
I have 2 different paintings that are very similar in style.
The first one is fairly large, I am unsure whether it is an
oil painting or not. My Dad and I found this at a yard sale
years ago and I fell in love with it. The other one is
medium in size and it was given to my by my Aunt. I tried
researching the artists online, but I am having no such luck
as I can not make out either names too clearly. I just
wanted some information on the artists and any information
on the paintings themselves. If you could help me in any
way, I would greatly appreciate it. I have a total of 4
photos, I took pictures of the signatures and of the
paintings themselves. I could only upload 1 photo, which is
of the larger painting.

Thank you,

I am happy that you enjoy your artwork, and are in love with it.  You should hang these where you might gaze upon them every day.  

Your pictures were not executed by a trained fine artist, and not a listed artist at that.  So you won't find information about them in an art database.  They are likely produced for the commercial market, to be sold either in a by-the-sea gift or picture shop, or for the home decor market.  The subject is not likely to be a rendering of any actual ships, but just a composition of boats in moonlight.  Pretty likely you did not overpay for these in a yardsale, and they are probably worth about the same.  None of this means you cannot fully appreciate and enjoy the pieces.  Certainly, they will always trigger memories of your bond with family members... and that is priceless.

Enjoy them, and dream of good sailing.

Stuart Cartwright

American Fine Art Paintings.
Oils, Watercolors, Sketches. Nineteenth and early Twentieth Century. Hudson River School, Pennsylvania Academy, Cape Ann artists, Ash Can, Woodstock, Florida Indian River, American Impressionists, etc. I can provide some background about artists and perhaps a rough appraisal or guidance towards obtaining a value. I am acquainted with many of the best American art dealers and auction houses. Original works only, I do not follow the print market. I do NOT field questions about prints.

Important to know
I am not expert in European art. I encourage you to send questions on European artists to other experts on this service. NO PRINTS:I encourage you to seek help on prints elsewhere. Two sites come to mind: and

I have been collecting original American Fine Art for over 20 years. I have curated art shows, and I have served as a dealer, providing appraisals and guidance for the last 8 years.

Bachelor of Arts Master of Business Administration