Fine Art/Currier & Ives Print

Hi-  I aquired a Currier & Ives picture at an auction and would like to know more about it.  On the bottom of the print is says entered according to the act of congress ad. 1869, by Currier& Ives in the clerks office of the district court of the United States for the southern district of New York.  It is an American Winter scene, early Winter with a house, trees and people ice skating.  On the left side of the print it says Currier & Ives, lith.; NY.  It is an 8 x 12 print.  Can you tell me more about this print?  Thank you.  Kim Johnson

There are thousands of Currier & Ives prints out there, I'd have to research your specific work using title and date printed etc. There are also thousands of copies and knock offs, so it has to be verified as an original graphic by Currier and Ives. Some sell in the low hundreds of dollars, while others can be thousands of dollars.

Dan  <-- my email if you have further questions.

Dan Twyman

I can answer questions about Salvador Dali. While I cannot do FREE APPRAISALS, I might be able to help you sell your works. I can also help with Chagall, Miro, Picasso and other 20th Century Masters.

Questions about a type of art or medium can be answered with one response in most cases. Technical issues are easier to deal with than specifics about an artist. If you need help finding values or history on an artist, it will probably involve research that can sometimes take hours to complete. If you have more than one image to send, I will give you an alternate email address as this system cannot handle multiple images.

Late 70's early 80's Worked for a printer and learned the art or Lithography. Early to mid 80's Managed a publishing company that produced fine art both living and reproductions of the masters. Mid 80's to 2003 Senior Art Consultant with well known broker of Dali, Picasso, Miro, Chagall,Vargas,Max,Warhol and others. 2004 - 2005 Independent Art Consultant. 2005-2006 Beverly Hills Art Gallery(Living Artists) 2006 - Present Salvador Dali Society. Senior Art Consultant.

Publications Various online art publications.

Studied Art History, Methods of printing, Various Mediums. Studied anatomy, sketch art, Complex shading technique, Acrylic technique. Bloch books(Picasso),Salvador Dali publications(extensive). 30 Years life Experience in the arts as an artist, fine art broker,Gallery Director,art consultant.

Over 100 awards. Set records in the Art Brokering business.

Major Film Celebs/U.S. Ambassador/ Fortune 500 Company CEO's and high level employees. Over 300 repeat clients in Fine Art. Beverly Hills local and visiting repeat clients.