Fine Art/Picasso lithograph

Picasso lithograph
Picasso lithograph  
I just purchased two Picasso lithographs, sold together, at an auction.  They were inexpensive.  The black and white one profiled in the catalogue is unsigned.  The colored one has a notation "Pour Margaret mon ami Picasso" then below. I presumed this was a forgery, although I am familiar with his signature.  I thought nothing of this lithograph until the auction house contacted me, saying that had someone who was interested in purchasing the colored lithograph. Now I am wondering about this lithograph. The exposed unmatted area is 14.5" x 21" and it has 12 ink colors. I am not so sure it is even a lithograph. What is your opinion?

If it's limited edition, then it should be listed in the Picasso print refernce books. It will take some time, but I can go through the works from 1963 and see if I can find info.
There is no such thing as an "inexpensive Picasso" as starting prices for anything worthwhile seem to be in the 20K or more range these days. There are quite a few fakes online and most small auction houses have no clue when it comes to authenticity.

If you want more research done, send images and all details to: <-- my email.

Dan Twyman

I can answer questions about Salvador Dali. While I cannot do FREE APPRAISALS, I might be able to help you sell your works. I can also help with Chagall, Miro, Picasso and other 20th Century Masters.

Questions about a type of art or medium can be answered with one response in most cases. Technical issues are easier to deal with than specifics about an artist. If you need help finding values or history on an artist, it will probably involve research that can sometimes take hours to complete. If you have more than one image to send, I will give you an alternate email address as this system cannot handle multiple images.

Late 70's early 80's Worked for a printer and learned the art or Lithography. Early to mid 80's Managed a publishing company that produced fine art both living and reproductions of the masters. Mid 80's to 2003 Senior Art Consultant with well known broker of Dali, Picasso, Miro, Chagall,Vargas,Max,Warhol and others. 2004 - 2005 Independent Art Consultant. 2005-2006 Beverly Hills Art Gallery(Living Artists) 2006 - Present Salvador Dali Society. Senior Art Consultant.

Publications Various online art publications.

Studied Art History, Methods of printing, Various Mediums. Studied anatomy, sketch art, Complex shading technique, Acrylic technique. Bloch books(Picasso),Salvador Dali publications(extensive). 30 Years life Experience in the arts as an artist, fine art broker,Gallery Director,art consultant.

Over 100 awards. Set records in the Art Brokering business.

Major Film Celebs/U.S. Ambassador/ Fortune 500 Company CEO's and high level employees. Over 300 repeat clients in Fine Art. Beverly Hills local and visiting repeat clients.