Fine Art/Henri Toulouse Lautrec

Question
I have a poster of Jane Avril (I don't know the name, but the cello? player is in the right  foreground and she is at left back with her leg in can-can pose/colors are gold, orange, black and white. The only reason I think it may be of some value is that it was framed at least 50 years ago by an upscale Baltimore gallery. The image only is approx. 23.5" x 31.5"...it is then matted and framed and, con-sequently, several inches larger. I haven't taken it apart. Any tips to find out if it has any value?? Thank you for your time! (I would attach an image, but am not very computer-literate).

Answer
Dear Wilma,

I was able to locate a Jane Avril poster the same size as yours from a previous auction in 2008. At that time was estimated at $7000-$9000; but it did not sell.I cannot tell you if yours is from the same edition; but a local museum or art authentication service should be able to tell you if you have one of the quality vintage printings.

Is the Baltimore gallery still open? They might have records of previous sales of their art. I hope this information is helpful.

Kind regards,
Dolly

Dolly D Headley