Fine Art/Henri Toulouse Lautrec

I have a poster of Jane Avril (I don't know the name, but the cello? player is in the right  foreground and she is at left back with her leg in can-can pose/colors are gold, orange, black and white. The only reason I think it may be of some value is that it was framed at least 50 years ago by an upscale Baltimore gallery. The image only is approx. 23.5" x 31.5" is then matted and framed and, con-sequently, several inches larger. I haven't taken it apart. Any tips to find out if it has any value?? Thank you for your time! (I would attach an image, but am not very computer-literate).

Dear Wilma,

I was able to locate a Jane Avril poster the same size as yours from a previous auction in 2008. At that time was estimated at $7000-$9000; but it did not sell.I cannot tell you if yours is from the same edition; but a local museum or art authentication service should be able to tell you if you have one of the quality vintage printings.

Is the Baltimore gallery still open? They might have records of previous sales of their art. I hope this information is helpful.

Kind regards,

Dolly D Headley

I can assist with identification, acquisition, sell representation, and care of fine art prints and original paintings. Some of my artist specialties include Henri Toulouse Lautrec, California Artists, and the Modern Masters. I can also assist with information on getting professional appraisals and authentication.

Dolly D. Headley, owner of Headley Fine Art, LLC, has provided consultative art services to retail gallery clients in Sausalito, CA, and at since 1998. With over 14 years experience as a Senior Art Consultant, Gallery Director, and an extensive art research library; Ms. Headley has provided hundreds of people with her high quality personalized consultation services and solid guarantee of satisfaction. Dolly is a volunteer at Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art.

Member of the Association of Online Appraisers.

The Fine Art Collectors News

Bachelor of Science; Self taught with thousands of hours research and retail gallery consulting. Personalized mentorship from various experts in the industry.